Construction and Maintenance Electrician
Construction and Maintenance Electricians work on virtually every kind of residential, industrial and commercial building. They lay out, assemble, repair, maintain, connect and test electrical fixtures, apparatus, control equipment and wiring, heating and power systems. They also maintain generation, transmission and distribution stations.
Salary - Certified
$ 38.70 ( Starting Hourly Wage )
Salary - Apprentice
$ 15.48 ( Starting Training Wage )
Pay progression every six months for the first two years. Increases after two years are annual on anniversary dates.
- Orientation - 15 days
- 5 Levels of Training with 28 weeks of trades school training & Hydro One central training over 5 years,
- 9000 Hours ( On the Job Training )
- Kleinberg (Near Toronto) and community college.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent,
- Grade 12 Math & English, plus 2 Science Courses or I Senior Science and electrical shop,
- Capable of communicating effectively orally and written,
- Physically capable of performing all duties of the position,
- Must be able to distinguish colours,
Note: For this project, SLAAMB is encouraging all interested candidates apply for consideration even if they do not meet the desired qualifications so it can make plans to upgrade candidates to meet the desired qualifications requirements
On the Job Training Site
Hydro One Networks work sites. Majority of work sites are in southern Ontario.